The Hávamál Project – Process
I’m now 2 full weeks in. Things are going well, but I’ve been getting some questions on my process. These drawings are a big shift from how I usually work and people are noticing. So here’s what’s going on.
- I prepare the day’s verse by printing it out and tacking it above my drawing board.
- I take a piece of 11″x14″ Bristol paper and clip it to my drawing board.
- I light a candle and honor the gods and spirits of inspiration.
- I do a meditation on the day’s verse.
- I approach the paper and make random shapes using watered down ink. That way the color is very light.
- Once dry I use pencil to find faces, and shapes that fit the theme of the day. This is much like seeing things in the clouds.
- I then go in with black ink and brush.
- I clean things up with white ink.
If you want to read more about my Hávamál check out DAY ONE.
I invite you to take this journey with me. You can find the Bellows translation of the Hávamál HERE. If you have a favorite passage share it with me either via e-mail or social media.
You can find me in all the fashionable internet places and follow along as I go:
To see more of my work or to contact me for availability to help with your project, please visit: www.samflegal.com
Subscribe to my YouTube channel: HERE
To be the first to get special offers and news about my art sign up for my Newsletter: HERE